Copyrights @ Journal 2014 - Designed By Templateism - SEO Plugin by MyBloggerLab

Wednesday, May 1, 2019

, , , , , , , , , , ,

Greek Breakfast Bowl

Share
Greek yogurt breakfast bowl, yes please!

It's been about a year since I traveled to Crete, the largest Greek island and home to famous Greek lore, the Minotaur, the ancient Minoan society, breathtaking mountain scapes, and crystal clear waters. One of the things I've missed most about Greece is the amazing food! A common breakfast dessert item is a Greek yogurt bowl topped with fruit and honey. Traditionally the yogurt is high in fat to give it a sweeter, richer flavor.

I now incorporate my own breakfast bowl into American life since it was just so yummy!
In a bowl, combine:
• 1/2 cup of full fat (~5%) Greek yogurt (I love Fage)
• Top with some chopped apples and whatever other fruits youd like.
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• drizzle of local honey.
I like adding pumpkin seeds and coconut flakes because I love some texture plus you get the added benefits of omegas from the seeds.
A common misconception is that full fat yogurt is bad for you. The truth is that it's not but moderation is key! Many low fat yogurts are loaded with sugar which can be more detrimental to your health and can increase the inflammatory response. Full fat can also help to keep you satiated (feeling full) for longer!
Slide through the photos to see the yogurt bowl I make, the one I ordered in Crete, and the beautiful breakfast view we had facing the Mediterranean Sea!
Greek breakfast dessert
Our breakfast spot overlooking the Mediterranean! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment